Une version française de ce guide est disponible ici.
Grand Manan Island is a hikers paradise and one of the best places to hike in the province of New Brunswick. There are over 70 km of trails on this small island in the mouth of the Bay of Fundy. The trails that follow the shoreline all combined make up the Lighthouse Trail. This trail travels along the cliff tops along the full western shore and continue around the north east shore to North Head. The eastern shore is flatter ground where you will find beaches, Castalia Marsh, and The Anchorage Provincial Park. The island is rich in geologic history and wildlife.
This guidebook is compact enough to fit in your pack at 21.6cm x 14 cm (8.5"x5.5"). It has many details about the geology of the island that makes it an interesting read even if you aren't planning a hike.
Trail maps, directions, descriptions and other information are provided for Grand Manan Island as well as neighboring Ross Island and White Head Island.
The following is a full list of trails included in this book:
- Net Point Trail, North Head
- Hole-in-the-Wall Park, North Head
- Swallowtail to Fish Head, North Head
- Fish Head to Hole-in-the-Wall, North Head
- Whale Cove to Hole-in-the-Wall, North Head
- Whale Cove to Ashburton Head, Northern Head
- Ashburton Head from the Whistle Road, Northern Head
- Ashburton Head to the Whistle, Northern Head
- The Whistle to Indian Beach, Northern Head
- Indian Beach to Money Cove, Northern Head
- North Head to Money Cove via the North Trail, Northern Head
- Money Cove to Dark Harbour, Dark Harbour
- Dark Harbour to Western Head Lookout, Dark Harbour
- Western Head to Little Dark Harbour, Dark Harbour
- Little Dark Harbour to Dwelly's Cove and Pond, Seal Cove
- Dwelly's Pond to Big Head, Seal Cove
- Big Head to Bradford Cove, Southern Head
- Bradford Cove to Southwest Head, Southern Head
- Deep Cove to Bradford Cove, Southern Head
- Southwest Head to Pat's Cove via Flock of Sheep, Southern Head
- Red Point to Anchorage Provincial Park, Grand Harbour
- Anchorage Provincial Park to Ox Head & Ingalis Head, Grand Harbour
- Ross Island
- White Head Island
- Castalia Marsh, Castalia
Taxes are included in the price.
Shipping and Handling is $2.99 within Canada and $3.99 to the US.